Monday, March 5, 2012

halftime!

Oy!  I was in a really bad mood when I wrote that last post.  I'm realizing that I don't write much when things are going well -- we're too busy trying to enjoy a semi-normal life -- but when things are difficult, it just pours out of me.  Cancer life is so up and down -- we have good days and really bad days.

We did get some good news this week though.  Dr. E is recommending that we switch to a less aggressive chemo, R-CHOP, based on Andrew's new diagnosis.  Because Mantle Cell lymphoma has been ruled out, the hyper-CVAD regimen is no longer necessary.  She has ordered a PET scan for Wednesday to see how things are progressing, and then Andrew will be admitted for round 5 on Thursday.  R-CHOP is basically the same drugs that are used in the A cycle, every round -- no B cycle.  hooray!  she also believes that Andrew can stop the intrathecal infusions now -- 6-8 was the plan, and he's had 7.  So things are looking up for the second half!!

Thanks again for all of the supportive messages and emails.  This was such a difficult month for us and I'm sorry if I haven't properly responded.  The love and support means so much to us.

xoxo
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment